Background and relevant experience: Helen has worked in various countries within Western, Central and Southern Africa and South Asia, providing short and medium term technical assistance to projects and programme. She has extensive experience of report writing for consultancy outputs, technical and educational publications, as well as developing training materials for grantees. She also has a strong background in project and programme management, coordinating and managing diverse teams.
Helen has provided monitoring and evaluation inputs to projects, programmes and grants funded by various donors including UK Aid, UNAIDS, WHO, FIGO, GAVI, GFATM, The World Bank, UNITAID and others including carrying out baseline, mid-term and end-line assessments, developing logframes and monitoring tools, and carrying out desk-reviews on various public health topics.
Recent work includes:
- Coordinating and writing Project Plan for UNITAID grant on HIV self-testing
- Associate / Strategic Adviser, MannionDaniels working on AmplifyChangeFund, UK Aid Direct and MNCH2 Nigeria
- Rapid assessment of the Comprehensive Multi-Year Planning (cMYP) Processes on behalf of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – desk reviews in Somalia and the Seychelles
- Fleming Fund - conducted desk-based assessments of Bangladesh, India, Mali to inform landscape analysis around antimicrobial resistance surveillance systems
- Carried out a review of European donor funding opportunities for CARE International in sexual, reproductive, maternal and newborn health, and cross-cutting areas such as health systems strengthening, climate change and women’s empowerment.
Personal: Helen is British and lives in London. She completed her MSc in Public Health in Developing Countries at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Since 2016 she has been a mentor for the Aspire Foundation, a coaching and development consultancy for trailblazing women in leadership. She is passionate about holistic approaches to health and the empowerment of individuals
Languages: English (mother tongue), French (good), Italian (intermediate) Japanese (basic although previously fluent spoken)